Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: window will not load  (Read 3252 times)

krbailey

window will not load
« on: August 28, 2005, 12:05:35 PM »
I put in more momory and restarted the computer now it not load wndow I I get the startup  menu with 1.Normal  2. Logged ( boollogged.txt)  3. Safemode  4. step by step I have tried everyone of these and I can get the window me screen and then nothing it reboot itself and I get the startup menu again  I have a old computer that is a Gateway Desktop Essentiall 400 Intel Pentium II (The Bios is Intel corp. 4W4SBOXO.15A.0013.P09 04/22/1999)  I also get Windows didn't finish loading on the previous attempt but when I put in the cd it goes thur all of steps I need help Thank You

Frankie

Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Re: window will not load
    « Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 12:42:52 PM »
    What version of windows are you using is it millenium.
    « Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 04:57:32 PM by Frankie »

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 12:59:41 PM »
    Remove the RAM stick added and retry.

krbailey

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 01:33:06 PM »
    I did remove it and I get the same thing on the scan that window does it has a bad clusters that window will not fix.  Is there anyway I can fix that or do I need a new hard drive It try to load window but doesn't load it worked find before I put the momery in it  The system that I have is Win. me

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 04:16:21 PM »
    that window does it has a bad clusters that window will not fix.

Download diagnostic software for your Hard Disk Drive from the manufacturers webpage. The HDD may need to be replaced as it could be failing.

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 05:52:58 PM »
    how much ram was it,does it exceed the  motherboard specs.