Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Javascript / CSS files not uploading in dreamweaver cs4  (Read 3506 times)

baboontester

Topic Starter

Rookie

Javascript / CSS files not uploading in dreamweaver cs4
    « on: August 06, 2009, 06:52:48 AM »
    Im sorry, I am not very good at explaining myself but I am gonna try to make this make sense.

using CS4 on all these programs

I created a nav bar for my website in fireworks, it has an "up-state" button and "down-state" button (image swapping I guess you could say) plus it has dropdown menus.

When I load the buttons into dreamweaver (public_html file) then "import > fireworks html"  The buttons come up fine and when I preview it in IE8 they work great, Drop-down menus come down, buttons change colors when I mouseover them, everything works.

I uploaded them to the server and in the remote view, the JS file and the CSS file are there

Well, the problem occurs when I try to "put" the page I have the buttons on, onto the server (update the page).
    It says that the JS and CSS file could not be completed / put on there with the page.  So when I go to the site, I have the buttons which dont change when I mouseover them anymore, then under the buttons, I have the text  thats suppose to be on the dropdown menus just sitting there like text. 

http://grandprixgreensboro.com/GPG-about.htm ... thats what its doing...

What is the problem?  Why wont the JS and CSS file load with the page?

Thanks in advance!

smeezekitty

Re: Javascript / CSS files not uploading in dreamweaver cs4
    « Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 03:54:34 PM »
    are you sure that the javascript and css are in the correct directory on the server?

rockerest

Hopeful
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Javascript / CSS files not uploading in dreamweaver cs4
    « Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 02:57:07 PM »
    Works for me.  Firefox 3.5 and IE8

-rock
    In general, the PEBKAC.  Whether it's now or was three weeks ago, the PEBKAC.
    Unsafe browsing and general computer / internet illiteracy IS the users problem.  Don't have sex if you don't know how to use a condom.
    Also, there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.