Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Installing OS in a mini laptop not having DVD / CD RW preinstalled in it .  (Read 8280 times)

DrBhaiyya

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
I have a  COMPAQ  MINI  LAPTOP  110C-1100DX Product No : VM146UA#ABA ; I have been using it since DEC 2009 ; of late it has started showing BLUE SCREEN ERROR , and it immediately shuts down; and  soon restarts automatically . This cycle goes on repeating almost every 5 to 10 minutes. 

Yesterday it was checked at an Authorised Service Centre. SELF  TEST  for  RAM , and  HARD  DISC  was  done  on the laptop. Results  of  both  the  tests  are  good -- there  is  no  "Fault" in these two  hardwares ;  I  have  now  been  advised  to reload  an OS afresh.

Being a Mini Laptop, it does not have inbuilt DVD / CD RW . However, my Desk Top does have a finely working DVD RW , and  I have a 4GB PenDrive and also an  Original  WINDOWS  xp  home  Edition . With the help of these, can I install the OS afresh in my Laptop ?
         Will some member guide me ?  Thanks for the help.  ---  Sincerely,  Dr. R. V. JOSHI.
DrBhaiyya

DrBhaiyya

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Yes
Re: Installing OS in a mini laptop not having DVD / CD RW preinstalled in it .
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 08:47:25 AM »
Will nobody guide me ?
DrBhaiyya

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 09:21:26 AM »
1) Your topic was not closed as you can see.
2) This is a forum not a chat room. You need to wait until someone responds. Please do not bump this thread again.

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 09:38:07 AM »
From
 http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01613138&tmp_task=setupCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=4071201#N75

The Mini Notebook PCs are not configured with optical disc drives. To recover or repair the operating system from a recovery Operating System Disc (OSD), you must use an external USB DVD drive. HP recommends that an external DVD-R/W drive be installed that allows you to perform backups to writable DVD-R/W discs.

An XP recovery operating system disc shipped with some mini notebooks models with XP. For models shipped with a Roxio recovery utility, see HP Mini Notebook PCs - Backup and Recovery using Roxio BackOn Track

According to Compaq there is no recovery partition on your computer, so you will have to do it this way.
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced

Kennynva

I have a  COMPAQ  MINI  LAPTOP  110C-1100DX Product No : VM146UA#ABA ; I have been using it since DEC 2009 ; of late it has started showing BLUE SCREEN ERROR , and it immediately shuts down; and  soon restarts automatically . This cycle goes on repeating almost every 5 to 10 minutes. 

Yesterday it was checked at an Authorised Service Centre. SELF  TEST  for  RAM , and  HARD  DISC  was  done  on the laptop. Results  of  both  the  tests  are  good -- there  is  no  "Fault" in these two  hardwares ;  I  have  now  been  advised  to reload  an OS afresh.

Being a Mini Laptop, it does not have inbuilt DVD / CD RW . However, my Desk Top does have a finely working DVD RW , and  I have a 4GB PenDrive and also an  Original  WINDOWS  xp  home  Edition . With the help of these, can I install the OS afresh in my Laptop ?
             Will some member guide me ?  Thanks for the help.  ---  Sincerely,  Dr. R. V. JOSHI.
    Hi I have done this with a 8 gb memory card, in the card reader ...I installed windows 7 32bit with this method, I had to download windows7 ,,,the iso file..burn that with iso burn, to a dvd..and copy that to a sd card..inserted that into the card reader, and booted by the card, by selecting f9 at startup the select card reader as boot device...you have to download a self boot version of windows 7...and it installed fine..then I did all the updates (132of them) and that was it..

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    He left 4 years ago.....
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Jitendra5217

• Experience: Expert
      you can make bootable usb flash drive through power Iso software.  and install Xp On you Mini Laptop