Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Zebra printer skipping labels  (Read 13378 times)

lau

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Zebra printer skipping labels
    « on: December 10, 2010, 01:44:36 AM »
    I wonder if anyone can help me???
    I have a Zebra TLP 2844 label printer that keeps skipping  labels. It was working fine then started doing this out of the blue.
    I have changed it for another zebra printer, changed the TLP cable, changed the power supply. and it is connected to a dlink.

I have tried putting in dump mode and out again, but it still does the same. It will print 1 label then skip 1 then print half and stop, you then need to press the button to get it going again.

Please help, I'm desperate!!!!! ???
    Thort of the day: I was normal once....didn't like it

truenorth

Guru

Re: Zebra printer skipping labels
      « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 11:14:38 AM »
      My goodness but that is some great looking printer. I have done some research on your behalf and i have found the following video which purports to deal with your "skipping" issue as well as others. I hope it will assist you in resolving your problem. Please come back and tell us whether it does or not. If not i have some other suggestions.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD7nrSsyp7s
      good luck,truenorth

lau

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 01:48:32 AM »
        Thanks for the video, but I have already done that.
        I have even reset back to factory default and set the calibration again, but it still misbehaves!

So what are your other suggestions?

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 07:35:09 AM »
          Well that is too bad that video didn't do the trick. My other suggestions are those that would normally apply to "regular " printers not specifically to label printers. Often printer issues like the one you are having is most likely to be a software issue rather than a problem with the hardware. That being the case the most common way of dealing with it is to do both a "hardware uninstall" and a " software uninstal" to create the opportunity for a complete new install. Software removed via "add/remove programs" and hardware from "device manager". Then following the instructions of your user's manual to the letter. Reinstall the printer. Where are you in terms of warranty on the printer? Do you still have access to free tech support from the manufacturer?truenorth

lau

Topic Starter

Beginner
            « Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 01:27:28 AM »
            Yeah I will be getting one of the printer Technicians out to advise or fix it.
            Its not loaded on the system as such - its running through a dlink onto a print server - I have recreated it.
            As for the software its not something that I can uninstall as its a program used off a Terminal Server.

Anyway, thanks for the help though.