Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: different programs  (Read 3434 times)

arf340

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    different programs
    « on: July 24, 2012, 07:14:33 PM »
    I have downloaded a lot of programs (freeware) for my Win7, trying to optimize.  Now I am wondering if they all play well together.  Will one cancel out the other.  I trying to find a really good do-it-all freeware and I ended up with a bunch of them that now I'm not so sure of.  HELP.   ??? ???   Rita

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: different programs
    « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 07:25:13 PM »
    Good Evening arf340 and welcome to CH

To start with what programs are you trying or want to use?

Mike
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

arf340

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 07:30:54 PM »
      I have 360 Amigo Speedup, JetBoost, Argente Utilities, PC Health Optimizer, MZ Optimizer, Tweak Now power toolws, Kingsoft PC Doctor, CCleaner, Advanced System Care FREE, Wise Disk Cleaner, Wise Registry Cleaner, AVG 2012 FREE, Malwarebytes free   I think that it.  please help.  I just want my computer to run very well.  I am disabled and I need it  thank you.  Rita

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 07:52:13 PM »
      Other than CCleaner and MBAM everything else i see listed is pure garbage and may be the root cause of your issues...
      Just my opinion...others may chime in with differing views...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 07:56:25 PM »
      Welcome back arf340 (Rita) ;D

Wow that is a list ??? are you running a AV (antivirus suite) now what I mean is do you have a "Active scanner now".

These questions are better suited fro the folks in the malware / virus section. But I can give you my opinion on some because I do use a couple of them.

I use malwarebytes (free ed) and ccleaner
      In my opinion NEVER EVER just or use a registry tools / suites they cause more problems than they cure. (a lot of folks here and around the WWW will tell you the same thing).
      Also in my opinion I have lost faith in AVG and have good luck with Avast and Vipre Suite 2012 (again my opinion)
      Also in my opinion any internet boosters or optimizers are no good and a waste of money.

Buy are you looking for a good AIO (all in one) Utility for maleware / virus etc. Your list is quite extensive. Am I safe to assume you are OK right now and just looking before something bad happens  ;D 

Talk to you soon, Mike   
      Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      « Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 08:32:21 PM »
      Other than CCleaner and MBAM everything else i see listed is pure garbage and may be the root cause of your issues...
      Just my opinion...others may chime in with differing views...

I Agree 100%. The purpose of much of the listed software is not to help a PC run better, but to separate people from their money.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 04:23:27 AM »
      You should NEVER use any sort of registry utility or cleaner. The best of them do absolutely nothing. The worst of them will leave your system unusable.