Hi, I am using Compaq SR1930IL desktop. Win 7 32 bit.
CPU - Intel D 2.8GHz
RAM - 1 GB DDR2
Motherboard - ECS RC410-M REV:1.03
BIOS chip - CX815399 (686 AMIBIOS 1999)
Current BIOS - AMI V3.24
My motherboard have 6 USB 2.0 ports (4 back side and 2 front). But when i insert any storage device then after some time it automatically ejects out and reinserts as if someone puled it out and pushed it in again quickly. Then one message pops out from lower-right corner of task bar saying "This device can perform faster if you connect it to 2.0 USB port". After this the R/W speed of that device goes down to 1MBps unless i physically eject it again. But all USP ports are 2.0 labeled on my CPU.
I tried following steps to solve this :
1. To update driver online from device manager. (Result - Best driver is already installed)
2. Uninstalled all of them. (Result-No effect)
3. Disabled ports showing 1.1. (Result-No change)
4. Installed XP-Profestional. (Same problem)
5. Tried eBLU BIOS updater for ECS. (Motherboard not supported)
6. Tried Driver Genius to update USB. (Driver is up to date)
7. Reasambled all components of motherboard even jumpers and CPU battery but nothing.
8. Removed my 1GB RAM and inserted my old 512MB RAM. (Still having same problem but less)
Motherboard operational frequency - (666MHZ - 800MHz)
512MB RAM frequency - 666MHz
1GB RAM frequency - 800MHz
9. Searched for BIOS in ecs website but didn't found any. Found a BIOS for RC410-M2 REV:1.X, but i afraid to flash my current BIOS with this one.
If you see any solution for my problem then please suggest me.
Thanks for your help.