Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: eMac g4 upgrade questions?  (Read 5219 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
eMac g4 upgrade questions?
« on: December 11, 2012, 04:00:21 PM »
Hello apple fans,

I was lucky enought to find myself with an older piece of computer earlier this week. It's a late model emac g4. The system is currently running OSx panther 10.3 but has some issues with Internet surfing and doing simple tasks such as loging onto iTunes and running YouTube Facebook etc. after looking around YouTube and the Internet and using am tracker on my newer Mac I figured out I was able to load OSx leopard on there 10.5. However before I do that I have a few questions. I have purchased a leopard disk a few years back and have dug it out.. My question is weather or not the OSx leopard disk is compiled for both power pc Macs and intel or are there specific disks I need to find that only run the power P version of leopard and vice versa? Because I tried to run the disk and the emac kept ejecting it. I read online that the emac can't support double layer DVDs because Its an older drive. So is it possible to boot the disk off an external DVD drive via USB?  Let me know... Thanks

Emac s specs
1.25 GHz power pc G4 CPU
1gb of ad ram
160 gab hard drive
Pioneer super drive

Thanks in advance [