Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Stuttering in games with good PC  (Read 4371 times)

sethwilliam

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Stuttering in games with good PC
    « on: August 02, 2014, 11:58:34 AM »
    Hello everyone this is my first post here and Ill try to keep it short so I can get some help.

I built a PC last summer just for gaming, it was more then capable of handling all games on ultra settings but when I played games like skyrim and even OBLIVION their would be stuttering in large areas like castles and stuff for NO REASON, I am also in the Archeage Beta at ultra settings and it worked perfectly up this spot where there was a HUGE tree with falling leaves and stuff and it stuttered alot every time I looked in its direction.. I thought it was something with my computer so I sold it and this time Bought one from Cyberpower PC and am experiencing the same problems once more. Is my luck that bad that I got 2 bad PC's???

Here are my current PC specs:

CPU: I7 4770k 3.5ghz 8M
    HDD: 2TB SATA III 6gb/s 7200 RPM 64mb Cache 3.5" HD
    SSD: 64GB Sandisk SATA III 6gb/s SSD
    RAM: Adata XPG V2 16GB DDR3 1866mhz
    abunch of cooling fans
    CPU Fan: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO gaming cooling fan
    Case: ThermalTake Chaser MK-1 Full Tower
    DVD Drive: Samsung 24x DVDRW
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-z87x-d3h Z87 SATA 6 USB 3.0
    PSU: Corsair RM750 80 Plus 750w Fully Modular Power Supply
    GPU: Superclocked EVGA Nvidia gtx 780 3gb GDDR5 PCI-e 3

add ons from cyberpower:
    proffessional Cable Wiring
    anti vibration fan mounts

hooked up with a High speed HDMI cable to my HD TV 60hz at 1360x768 Resolution

I can guarentee that it is not a virus, I take good care of my system and a virus is out of the question so please try to help me find the actualy problem. I don't know what other information I can give, but whatever you need I will tell you. It is very frustrating to me that I spent all my hard earned money on this computer and then it gives me problems like this that I can't even figure out after trying to the best of my ability.

sethwilliam

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Stuttering in games with good PC
      « Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 08:10:24 PM »
      Think I found the problem. I just did the 3DMark benchmarking software and everything performed well EXCEPT my RAM.
      which according to the report is running at half the speed it should be

"
      Memory
          16,384 MB
      Module 1
          8,192 MB A-Data Technology DDR3 @ 667 MHz
      Module 2
          8,192 MB A-Data Technology DDR3 @ 667 MHz"

How can I change this to its proper number 1866mhz?