Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Host a server for xbox Forza motor sports  (Read 3992 times)

juicebox

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Beginner
    Host a server for xbox Forza motor sports
    « on: December 17, 2014, 06:21:39 AM »
    Is it possible to host a server for forza 3 for xbox and emulate the game on my pc so me and my friends can play together? (On a LAN network)
    I was looking emulators for xbox 360 for my PC but does anyone know if there is a way to join then to the same network and race together?
    intel i7 4930k with corsair liquid cooling
    geforce GTX titan 3gb super-clocked
    corsair 16gb ram (2x8gb)
    intel 120gb SSD
    gigabyte x79-p4 motherbord
    corsair cubecase

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Host a server for xbox Forza motor sports
    « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 09:05:18 AM »
    This touches on potentially illegal material.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/is-it-illegal-to-own-a-xbox-360-emulator/fbff71d8-8932-4c67-af37-0435d7dd3aae

According to Microsoft, the emulator is ok, but only if the games played with it are legal originals and not copies of an original or ripped ROMs of an original.

I'd obtain permission from the developers of the game to do what you want to do, also i am not familiar with this game title, but you may also need to have access to its source code to be able to alter it to make it multiplayer across platforms like you mentioned. I highly doubt they will give approval.

juicebox

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 01:05:49 AM »
      Thanks for the reply, i have 2 copies of the game to work with i wont be using a rom. So there is no easy way to kind of either make my computer think its an xbox haha or something like that im not very expirianced with this kind of stuff
      corsair 16gb ram (2x8gb)
      intel 120gb SSD
      corsair cubecase

juicebox

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 01:10:49 AM »
        Just a thought...

If i have the game running on my pc (which i dont,  have not tried an emulator) and on an xbox both on a lan network,  will it work to play just with the 2 of us?
        corsair 16gb ram (2x8gb)
        intel 120gb SSD
        corsair cubecase

DaveLembke

Sage
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 12:14:46 PM »
        If i have the game running on my pc (which i dont,  have not tried an emulator) and on an xbox both on a lan network,  will it work to play just with the 2 of us?

This question reminds me of that movie 1941 with Dan Aykroyd where he is delivering the anti aircraft gun to a resident who lives up on raised flat overlooking the pacific ocean and telling the resident of the home "what NOT to do when he's actually giving clear instructions on how to operate the gun".   Good movie by the way to see if you havent seen it.  ;)

I'd suggest getting an additional xbox system to run the 2 games on each system. Then if the game supports multiplayer then you can play the 2 copies without issues. If this game doesnt support the multiplayer over LAN then you would need to alter the game to add this feature and that would require permission from the maker of the game or owner of the rights to the game because you would have to recompile the ROM file that is protected by law.