Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 Bluetooth driver  (Read 7587 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Windows 7 Bluetooth driver
« on: March 05, 2015, 01:13:16 PM »
Greetings!

DISCLAIMER: This post is about a Macbook! But its a driver related issue. Therefore im asking here.
Im using a white 2007 Macbook, running a Core 2 Duo T7500, 2.2Ghz, 4mb Cache, 4gb of Ram, and a 240Gb Kingston SSD.
its running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and now windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I installed windows a few nights ago installed all the drivers given by apple, updated it, activated it installed a Ninite installer with all the plugins, office etc.

Here is my issue: I use a Microsoft bluetooth mouse 5000 which I love but i cant get it working on this system because the bluetooth driver refuses to install. Windows instead installs a "Generic Bluetooth Driver" which connects my mouse but gives me an error and wants me to trouble shoot. When i try to manually install the Bluetooth driver, the install tells me its not needed. Yet that is incorrect. So i want to know how to trick this windows 7 install to get the flipping correct driver in.

I also thought maybe i could find the driver from the actual manufacturer but i have no idea what it is. Ive tried looking in the device manager to get the VEN ID to check PCIDATABASE.COM but it does not display the correct information. Ive tried speccy, and everest home but still cant figure it out. I need this driver badly.
I read that i could use a driver from acers page but again i have no idea what kinda of bluetooth controller my macbook is using?

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Windows 7 Bluetooth driver
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 04:19:09 PM »
Isn't this related to your other Post on this Topic ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 04:31:29 PM »
With all due respect, does anyone here read the full context? My other topic regarded a different machine running a different version of windows with a different issue. This is a driver issue. The other one is something in windows crashing. I simply need help identifying what bluetooth model i have!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 04:46:39 PM »
With all due respect you are running Windows on a MAC...and you should actually be looking at MBoard drivers for the bluetooth issue...
However i doubt Apple has written any Windows drivers to accomodate your needs...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 05:44:42 PM »
Alright. let me try this again because clearly the message isnt going through. Apple has written the drivers. I installed them. Or i try to. in the second photo is the driver from apple but it refuses to isntall because windows keeps installing a Generic version of it. WIndows is fully supported on this mac. Its just windows being difficult and i need help bypassing it.