Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 'Buy button' to be added to Google search results  (Read 3863 times)

Mulreay

Topic Starter

Egghead
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Space and Science
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
'Buy button' to be added to Google search results
« on: May 28, 2015, 06:36:13 AM »
Google has confirmed that it is to introduce a "buy button" to its search results imminently.
The button would give Google Search users the option to purchase without needing to visit a separate website.
The company's chief business officer, Omid Kordestani, said he wanted to reduce "friction" for users so they buy more things online.
Google faces significant competition from Amazon, where many people now begin their search to buy products.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32915175
For when the One Great Scorer comes
To write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost,
But how you played the game.

Owner of www.spaceandscience.co.uk and YouTube partner http://www.youtube.com/user/mulreay

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
Re: 'Buy button' to be added to Google search results
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 08:08:31 AM »
I personally like visiting the websites that the items are for sale at. Hopefully this doesnt cause a trend to just have a future with google point and click purchasing as for I like to navigate around someones business site and then decide to buy or not buy from them.

Next they will have BID and BUY IT NOW and try to kill of eBay.  :P

lusil

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 04:34:38 AM »
    Hey guys, thanks for information! I am just looking for some inovative and attractive option for BUY BUTTON on my blog/web site.iF you know some good options, please share it with me! Thank you in advance :)

Lusil

DaveLembke

Sage
    « Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 11:13:53 AM »
    You could design your own and save it as an image file and then link that image as the buy button in HTML. I did this years ago when I had to create a ecommerce website as a college project years ago. My buttons were not pretty as for they were created in MSPAINT, but it worked as intended with mapped hyperlink images etc. For navigation bars I even used Mapedit so I could create a html webpage and have an image on it in specific locations and then run mapedit to crop areas of the image to add hyperlinks to the image in multiple locations.  However these days I'd suggest using php for dynamic web pages vs a static page like I had with mapped hyperlinked images etc. More info on mapedit here: http://www.boutell.com/mapedit/

It came as a trial in the back of a college text book for HTML Design on a CD about 14 years ago.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    « Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 01:26:55 PM »
    Pretty Buttons?
    No shortage of buttons now.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]