Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Update installation is taking a ridiculous amount of time!!  (Read 5019 times)

Silvanna444

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Update installation is taking a ridiculous amount of time!!
    « on: August 19, 2015, 11:22:04 AM »
    Last night my computer restarted to begin installing updates. Apparently sometime over the night it shut off, but when I turned my computer back on this morning it was still saying 'installing update 1 of 3.' It has now been over 11 hours since he process started last night and I am getting very frustrated because I really need to use my computer!! Any one have any ideas why it might be taking so long and if there's anything I can do to speed it up or cancel it?
    I have an Asus laptop that is running windows 8.

hTconeM9user

Rookie
    • Took my username from my phone
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Update installation is taking a ridiculous amount of time!!
    « Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 02:47:15 PM »
    Hi those updates it had to install should of taken only 30 mins at the most, I had 6 to update and my laptop was up and running in 45 minutes and that includes 2 software ones for the laptop.
    Can you get into control panel windows updates, then press view installed updates once in, then look for trouble shoot my updates run that and see what it comes up with.
    It will either fix them or remove them.
    Just read what comes up
    Running windows 8.1 at moment all protect by McAfee Antivirus, CCleaner and 5 Auslogics products all paid for plus sticky password

hTconeM9user

Rookie
    • Took my username from my phone
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Update installation is taking a ridiculous amount of time!!
    « Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 03:05:18 PM »
    Update on the above when you get into windows update go to view update history then updates and that is where you can remove your updates that is giving you trouble
    Running windows 8.1 at moment all protect by McAfee Antivirus, CCleaner and 5 Auslogics products all paid for plus sticky password