Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Power Adapter for MacBook Air 2010  (Read 6251 times)

Whitie III

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Expert
Power Adapter for MacBook Air 2010
« on: August 31, 2015, 12:27:48 AM »
Need a power adapter for the MacBook Air 2010 with the "T" style connecter on the end.... the factory supplied charger with the "L" connecter if turned away from blocking ports doesn't charge the laptop and if I turn it to block the USB and Headphone jack it charge perfect.... does it on EVERY SINGLE CHARGER I try so it can't be the adapter but the Laptop being picky on which way the charger is turned

I know higher watt chargers will work and can be suggested (confirmed to work by Apple).....

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
Re: Power Adapter for MacBook Air 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 02:25:37 PM »
I'd check to see if there is a dirty connection. Clean with rubbing alcohol and q-tip if there is any gunk on contacts. If the connection in the MacBook is damaged then it should probably be serviced if even worth investing money into a 5 year old MacBook.

As for the power cords, lots of complaints about them as junk. http://www.apple.com/shop/reviews/MC747LL/A/apple-45w-magsafe-power-adapter-for-macbook-air

Whitie III

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 03:36:46 PM »
again, that one has the "L" connector on it and not the "T" connecter

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 03:57:18 PM »
The T connector had serious issues with fraying and catching fire, Apple will not be making them nowadays and I would strongly advise against purchasing one.