Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AMD Radeon HD 6870  (Read 4465 times)

Scorpiiious

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    AMD Radeon HD 6870
    « on: January 06, 2016, 09:04:09 PM »
    Hello, I was curious to update my old graphics card but did something silly and went into System Config, and ticked the box to safe mode.

I downloaded the latest drivers and crimson software for Radeon HD 6870 graphics card on my old computer, but I forgot to remove the old driver first..
    So I read online someone said to download Driver Sweeper and remove your old driver from there in safe mode.

Now my computer won't start up like it should.

My computer still makes a noise when I go to turn it on and my mouse and keyboard all light up. Just nothing shows on my screen, nor does the does the light change. It usually goes from Orange to Blue.  :-\

What can I do to fix my problem??  ???

Any help with my situation would be awesome... Thanks for those who read my post...

Scorpiiious

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: AMD Radeon HD 6870
      « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 11:57:53 PM »
      Hours later... I finally found something useful, that others might be interested in aswell.

If you EVER get STUCK in SAFE MODE in WINDOWS 10, follow these 3 easy steps!

1. Right click start button, select "Run"
      2. Type "msconfig", then press enter
      3. On the "Boot tab", UNCHECK boot into safe mode restart

Source: http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/19640-how-stop-booting-safe-mode.html

Mine wouldn't reset after I applied the changes, which I had to turn off cause resetting didn't do a thing...
      After I waited 10-15mins to turn my computer back on. Everything was back to normal again! <3 :D :D

So happy to be out of safe mode xDD

HOPE THIS HELPS~ ^.^