Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to see list of recent searches in a web form in Chrome?  (Read 4347 times)

mercyfall

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    How to see list of recent searches in a web form in Chrome?
    « on: January 11, 2016, 08:56:21 PM »
    Using the latest Chrome build on Windows 7 I can't seem to find what used to (I think) be a feature a while ago in most browsers. A frequently visited webpage with a search field, when clicked, would show a list of recent searches performed on that page in that field. I'm not talking about search engine autocomplete or suggestions. I'm not talking about form fill (i.e. personal information). I'm not talking about omnibar search history. I'm simply talking about a specific field on a specific page keeping a history of searches. This was in the form of caching or something similar but I cannot see an option to enable this in Chrome and cannot find any references to this on the internet. How to enable this option? We have an internal site at work which I often perform searches in and suggestions of recent searches on that page would be very convenient.

Stan

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: How to see list of recent searches in a web form in Chrome?
      « Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 02:19:11 PM »
      the 'most visited' addon seems close to the item described. ive recently installed this in chrome. if not, the link below will show similar addons to.. most visited. see link for more info. also, for all others who might pass this way, as a search result.
      https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/most-visited/obbnkbhoknnlndofpoikddaompgmiioc/related?hl=en

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: How to see list of recent searches in a web form in Chrome?
      « Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 04:46:42 PM »
      CTRL H
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "