Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: please help computer wont close internet explorer window or shut down  (Read 4937 times)

warpath

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    says there is a bsod error 333 registry failure of the operating system idk how to get it to close or shutdown any help is appreciated

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: please help computer wont close internet explorer window or shut down
    « Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 03:41:21 PM »
    1) I deleted your other post. Please don't post the same question more than once.

2) Your other post mentioned a pop up but you don't mention it in this thread. Please provide COMPLETE information when you ask for help.

3) Close the browser and do a full scan with MalwareBytes and with your anti virus app. The subject says you can't shut down the computer but your post doesn't mention that at all. Please explain.

Allan

• Mastermind
    « Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 03:42:50 PM »
    Also, I deactivated the other username you created. If this turns into a spam thread we'll catch it immediately.

warpath

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 03:51:54 PM »
      I cant close the browser at all its two different windows and when I close it it pops back up

Allan

• Mastermind
      « Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 03:53:07 PM »
      The subject title says your computer won't shut down. Please explain.

warpath

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 03:56:08 PM »
        this pop up wont allow me to shut down my computer

Allan

• Mastermind
        « Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 04:01:37 PM »
        You need to provide complete information or we can't help. PLEASE explain exactly what happens when you try to shut down your system. How are you trying to shut down? What happens? Have you tried a hard shutdown? What happens? Can you close IE using Task Manager to end the process? What happens when you try?

Please don't make us pull everything out of you. We want to help but you need to help us too. Thank you.

warpath

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 04:17:06 PM »
          ive tried using the power button and nothing happens ive tried opening the menu and shutting it down and those wont work it simply wont click I tried to open the menu to look for a anti virus scan an removal tool and now I cant click on or search  through any programs. I just googled a free virus removal tool and now I cant run that either. simply put it is a pop up that claims the ms network server detected some suspicious activity from my ip address and cydoor spyware my have breached my network location and that I shouldn't shut down log off or restart my computer that is should call a Microsoft certified tech and they give me this number 855 521 1628 and they will resolve the issue and when I close the page it pops back up. then the second page says I have a bsod: error 333 registry failure of operating system host: grey screen error 0x000000ce and to immediately rectify issue to prevent data loss to call 1 877 453 0004 this page I cant close because the first one wont let me click it or go away. this is pretty much all i know.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 04:22:09 PM »
          Punctuation is a lost art...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 04:24:39 PM »
          That being stated i would do a wipe and clean install myself if i were you.....
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Rustys

Intermediate

• Escaped Mental Patient
            • Yes
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 12:50:35 AM »
          Unplug the power that will shut it off.

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and end task on the Browsers that are Running?

Like Patio stated do a complete system restore.
          "Confucius could give answer to that... unfortunately Confucius not here at moment."