Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Deleted Files  (Read 3637 times)

TaylorLewendon

Deleted Files
« on: April 17, 2016, 03:34:33 AM »
So today I decided I wanted to move my files from my USB on to my laptop so O created a separate folder for my files to go in. Accidentally I also had two other files control clicked and when I went to rename the original folder for my USB files it tried to rename two other folders. Luckily one of them was protected so was not renamed however the other one was renamed to USB (2) and had nothing in it. I thought it was no big issue until I looked at the date of it being made. It was 2015. I wouldn't leave an empty folder lying on my desktop so it could've possibly deleted the files. I was wondering if there was anyway to restore these possible files without restoring or removing anything else I have done so far.

Thank you for your time.
Hope this gets resolved.

Stan

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Re: Deleted Files
    « Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 02:13:13 PM »
    a small freeware program i have used successfully to restore any accidentally lost/deleted files is to use recuver. dowload from the link below and install to run a scan.
    https://www.piriform.com/recuva

the advice is not to use the comp/laptop until running a scan with recuver or the files could be overwriten and lost permanently.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Deleted Files
    « Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 02:16:20 PM »
    It's Recuva BTW...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "