Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows has stopped this Device Code 43  (Read 5469 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Windows has stopped this Device Code 43
« on: April 29, 2016, 02:54:16 PM »
Greetings!

This machine is making me very angry.

Since from the previous post, the ATi X1200 no longer could cut it in windows 10, and popped in a nice Nvidia 8600GT which is Supported in windows 10. The Driver installed and everything seemed to run smooth. Now for some odd reason, windows has "Stopped the device" and is refusing to let the driver operate.

Any suggestions?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Windows has stopped this Device Code 43
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 06:08:23 PM »
Are you using Windows XP or Windows 10?
Windows 10 has an option up the install media and choose a repair or recovery.

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Windows has stopped this Device Code 43
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 10:49:02 PM »
Are you using Windows XP or Windows 10?
Windows 10 has an option up the install media and choose a repair or recovery.

I was using Windows 10. Not sure where XP came from as there was no mention about it. The machine was running Vista. As usual i will explain what my findings where.

Turns out something is up with the motherboard and for some reason or another when the machine has all 4 ram slots filled up the GPU and Audio go funky. Ie the GPU either being onboard or in the PCI-E slot wont load its driver, and the Audio would make weird screaming sounds whenever the machine logged in or out ie outputted sound. I presume a northbridge issue, im not sure. Sadly I am not that skilled. Since the motherboard was already posing issues the owner of the machine was suggested a newer model.

I appreciate your help as this computer posed many problems through a few posts.