Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Asus laptop issues.  (Read 4727 times)

lFoxiel

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Asus laptop issues.
    « on: May 02, 2016, 02:14:07 PM »
     I tried resetting my laptop to factory settings and it told me at 70% it couldn't complete and to put in my password, so I did. Shortly after it shut down and tried to reboot. Now im forever stuck at the beginning ASUS logo at start-up and it wont load into the OS what so ever. The BIOS will start and it shows my hard drive is being detected and everything else seems to be working hardware wise. I have tried starting the factory reset again bu spamming F9 at startup but that doesn't seem to be working either. Any suggestions on what I should do ?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Asus laptop issues.
    « Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 02:44:56 PM »
    How old is the laptop?  Model #? Are you first owner?
    Was Windows 10 installed at the factory?
    Do you have any backups
    Do  you  have a Windows 10 install media. (A DVD or a USB drive.) ?

lFoxiel

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 03:21:31 PM »
      The laptop was purchased back in 2011 model number is : ASUS X501A
      It came with windows 7 though I upgraded to windows 10 when they first launched the free upgrade download.
      I don't have the backups anymore unfortunately and it never came with windows dvd or usb instillation media.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 05:48:56 PM »
      Based on your reply, most likley Microsoft has a record of your  update to Windo0ws 10. You can download an ISO of the Windows 10 installer. This can be placed either on a DVD ir a 8 GB USB stick. (Presently it is under 4GB, so a 4GB might work.)
      You will need the use of another computer to get the download. I assume yu will use the 32 bit version. I the Windows  7 was the home version, you should use the home version of Windows 10.

The Windows 10 installer might be able to recover your current installation and thus save your photos and other personal materiel.  It should also keep any programs you added.
      You can take  the Windows 10 ISO from the Microsoft site. Or you can also try this:
      http://www.redmondpie.com/download-windows-10-pro-iso-file-without-product-key-from-microsoft/
      Microsoft has clearly attempted to make sure that all bases are covered as far as installation options are concerned. Although the company started initiating pre-downloads of the operating system to registered PCs approximately 24-hours before the official launch in late July last year, it does appear to recognize that some consumers would require an official ISO image of the Windows 10 platform whenever the need to manually install or reinstall the OS on a formatted machine arises. The ISO image will of course allow for the creation of a bootable USB flash drive or DVD, to serve as an installation source.
      It is legit. Microsoft will know if you cheat.  :)