Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Which is more powerful  (Read 2720 times)

Kelly Maxwell

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    Which is more powerful
    « on: June 06, 2016, 12:36:51 AM »
    OK I know a single gtx 1080 is more powerful than a titan x but what is more powerful 2 gtx 1080 or 3 titan x or are they the same or would I just use 3 gtx 1080 becuse nivida said it's not a good idea to use 3 gtx 1080 sorry I am confused I am trying to build the a very powerful video game pc thanks

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Which is more powerful
    « Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 09:44:56 AM »
    If nvidia says its not a good idea then I'd take their advice. With more than 2, you might also cut into the maximum PCIE 16x bandwidth in which you get bottlenecked and the 3rd doesnt give an equal performance return as the 2nd did to the 1st video card.

If it was my build, I'd go with 2 video cards vs 3. Unless your going to be crunching data with the GPU's vs gaming like Folding@Home etc, your going to find that you likely will have plenty of GPU power with 2 and anything greater wont be noticeable performance gain in games and will be a waste of money in both the 3rd card as well as greater electric bill to run the system.

Kelly Maxwell

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Which is more powerful
      « Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 02:12:01 AM »
      cool thanks