Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Toshiba satellite fan issues  (Read 2685 times)

Pepelina

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Toshiba satellite fan issues
    « on: June 13, 2016, 07:29:05 AM »
    Hello,
    I have a toshiba satellite laptop and a few days ago the fan started coming on and I did notice some strange cpu spikes and 100 percent disk usage moments in the task manager but ran a speccy and everything looks good and the core temps are within reason. I do game and that is when the fan comes on and stays on until I log off but it also happens when I am surfing the net or even just playing spellit!

Any ideas? I don't really fancy spending 60€ to take it to a shop and leave it for 2 days.

Thanks in advance. Attached is my laptop specs

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Toshiba satellite fan issues
    « Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 07:59:43 AM »
    Have you taken canned air to your system to remove dust? Also a CPU spike is caused by a process or some sort, could it be your antivirus running in the background, a game updater or microsoft update in background, or worse malware? Do you have a good antivirus that is up to date and no detections of malware?

I have a Toshiba Satellite and mine pumps out tons of heat, but the heat and CPU use goes to like 10% or less and lightly warm air when not gaming. Mine climbs up to around 63C and hovers there while gaming and then it drops down to about 37C when idle. Its been this way since I bought it new. Made the mistake the one day of hersey kisses on desk near laptop CPU/GPU heat vent. Went to grab one and it was instant mush wrapped in foil.  :P

Pepelina

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 08:57:05 AM »
      Thank you for your reply.  I have taken canned air a bit but I probably need to take it in for a good scrub. Ran all the best malware programs came up empty.  I think perhaps it was indexing or some such to cause the spikes.  As for the slightly warm air when not gaming yes and my temps don't go as high as yours.  My kitty and I are just annoyed but the fan noise because normally it is so quiet.

Thanks again for your input! :D

Pepelina

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 12:23:24 AM »
          :)
        I just want to say that the problem has resolved itself as of yesterday!  I gamed for hours, watched videos etc., and my beautiful touchscreen laptop is still whisper quiet like it was before!  Could it be that some "process" caused me all this grief? I appreciate those of you who read my post and thanks to Dave who replied!