Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help..hard drive locked after wiping slow computer, cannot reinstall windows.  (Read 3902 times)

dareksouth

Topic Starter

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    i wiped my computer because of a continued slow problem, it would go in and out of service  like i had a bad internet connection every 30 seconds to two minutes, for 20 to 40 seconds, sometimes the screen would fade and say not respoinding. my connection was fine, after microsoft taking it over and reinstalling windows 10 the problem was still there. so i wiped everything with deriks wipe out i bought off ebay. now i cannot get anything to reinstall, id like to go back to windows 7, which my 2010  HEWLETT PACKARD touch smart 300 {1223}CAME WITH. IF thats not possible i have windows 10 on usb,if i dont have any disk in the computer it boots to the realtek screen and stays .it wont accept any commands at all f10. f11, f12. esc nothing, it says reboot and put disk in. if i put hp repair disk in i get the microsoft logo abd after a lkong time i get the language option if i repeatedly push f12 power up. then it gives me the option to fix computer or advanced troubhleshooting, if i pick fix, it says cannot fix hard drive c is locked. if i go to command prompt and follow unlock instructions it says c drive is raw. cannot fix, i have no  operating system, and cannot hook up to internet, so i cant get bitlocker to unlock it. does anybody have any ideas. thankyou
    Darek South

dareksouth

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Update.....when using command prompt. and using chkdsk this is the info i recieved. stage 1-o bad files
      stage 2-0 unidexed files scanned, 0 unidex files recovered lost or found
      stage 3 security descriptors 7 data files processed errors detected in the upper case file
      aboved stage 1 check it says /f parameter not specified/ running chkdsk in read only mode read only chkdsk found errors with upper table

it finishes with windows has checked the file system and founf problems run chkdsk with the /F (fix) option to correct...how do i get chkdsk out of read only mode?
      Darek South

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Expert
      it finishes with windows has checked the file system and founf problems run chkdsk with the /F (fix) option to correct...how do i get chkdsk out of read only mode?

Are you not the administrator of the system? You shouldnt be locked out of running this to correct issues unless your not the admin I am thinking.