Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bluescreen about every hour  (Read 3350 times)

ZtephaN

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Bluescreen about every hour
    « on: July 22, 2016, 02:51:12 PM »
    Hello, i have a computer that crashes about every hour or so regardless of any activity, even if i just leave the computer running. After chatting in the computer hope chat, i have run memtest which was fine, sfc scan which was fine, checked my drive (SSD) health which is fine. I couldnt run chkdsk so i ran a Hirens bootCD with the drive in a laptop, and it ran fine there. It fixed a ton of problems, and i put it back into my desktop which was "broken".

I then tried to run chkdsk again from there and it would scan the non-OS partitions fine, but still couldnt check the OS partition.
    Some people suggested that if i could run chkdsk from another computer but not my desktop it could mean problems with the motherboard.

I still get the bluescreens (Attached picture), with the error code 0x000000F4. After the crash, i will get to a screen that says EFI Shell and "Cannot find required map name". It says to Press ESC to skip startup.nsh, and regardless of pressing ESC or not the screen stays like that forever. I attached a picture to show:

Any suggestions as to what i should try next?
    Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]
    « Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 03:04:42 PM by ZtephaN »