Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Changing XP to Vista for better install & play PC Gameplay games  (Read 5899 times)

beanodino1

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
 Reasons that I'm still with XP media center edition that did work well playing mid 2000's games v.good & the PC has access for 4Gb memory 4- sata hdd which is a bonus too. This PC of mine crashed, I used system recovery which now I can play games like battlefield 1942, panzer elite,but can't play the more advanced battlefield 2142 anymore ? It took myself a long time to find out how to make this game run & play single / online too., but I wonder if I should use one of my two Vista Home Basic PC's HP or Acer ? The HP being the weaker & the Acer having more memory & bit bigger processor speed too.  Not sure which Windows XP 05' or Vista 07' PC would be best over-all to run gameplay pc games from 2005 to 2011. Seems as I once heard that Vista might give myself more problem error issues or crashes than using XP  for installng & playing gameplay software  ::)

Shandy

Intermediate
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Changing XP to Vista for better install & play PC Gameplay games
    « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 04:30:21 AM »
    Just try it.

Games produced close to and since Vista was released will have been designed with the Vista environment in mind and will work fine. Most games older than the Vista release will work too, although you may have to run some in compatibility mode.

beanodino1

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 08:29:01 PM »
    Just got my XP to Sp3 once again ,but to play any past Origin games they say I have to upgrade to at least Win. 7 for their exe application to run & which any game I choose to play. Not sure how to do this kind of upgrade operation ,but I will need to find out how soon  :(

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 10:19:40 PM »
    This might be good to know...
    Anybody  can install and run Windows 10 on a separate partition if  there is  20 GB of free space. And you can use many features of Windows 10 even before you buy the license. So, you may try ma it and see if it improves the performance of your games. In some ways Windows 10 is better that Vista for performance, even with older computers. However, a few programs just can not wok of Windows 10. But it costs nothing  to try.   :)

Read More Here:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you-dont-need-a-product-key-to-install-and-use-windows-10/

beanodino1

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 02:05:24 PM »
    Win.10 is not avalible for free no more, but I can not see or find current Vista to Win 7 upgrade options either. What I can tell that Win 10 system requierments are above my two good working Vista PC's I think not sure over-all ? Heard Win 7 is better than 8 & the other higher Windows avalible too. The object is to run older gameplay games in single player modes on either my XP  or one of my soon to be upgraded Vista home basic PC instead. Then my last Vista pc will be used to surf the internet & run one advanced music mastering program only which may help not to overload or crash any of my 3 working Pc's ::)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 12:00:30 AM »
    Are you sure that Vista will work better than XP?

Consider the benefits of Windows Vista.
        Newer.
        Higher quality graphics on supported video cards
        Comes with Internet Explorer 7 pre-installed. IE7 is more secure than previous Internet Explorer versions, and has a better pop-up blocker and phishing protection
        It can be used with Microsoft DirectX 10
        A more sophisticated and intelligent interface than XP.
        Great for gaming and other entertainment if you are using Home Premium or Ultimate.
        Start menu and other programs simplified.
        Getting access to networks are easier than XP.
        Window's sidebar. Lets you put features on the side of your screen to help you out. [Examples: Clock, Weather, Slide Game, Picture Slideshow, Calendar, Notepad, etc.] 
    http://www.wikihow.com/Choose-Between-Windows-XP-and-Windows-Vista
    The ideas above are not absolutely true.
    The faults of Visa might will hurt you.

Runs 15% slower than a computer with Windows XP installed.
    More prone to viruses and other security threats.
    ... reports call it "unreliable," or "...just simply the worst operating system ..
    - From the same link.  Overall, your Visa experience may be unhappy.  :(

michaelweber

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 07:00:39 AM »
      Yes!! It will work better than XP.