Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop slow and file explorer won't work etc after windows 10 upgrade  (Read 4140 times)

Tisch

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Hello!

I recently upgraded my HP EliteBook 8570w to windows 10 using the ISO on a USB but I have multiple problems now. The file explorer doesn't work and the mousepad freezes sometimes. The scroll function on the mousepad doesn't work either and the laptop is a lot slower.
I've installed the latest windows 10 updates as well as windows 10 drivers but that didn't help.
I also ran a sfc /scannow and it found corrupt file(s) but couldn't fix them and told me to see CBS.log. I'll include CBS.log here (I don't really understand it to find the problem myself). This didn't fix my problems though.
Then I ran dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth with no luck.
At this point I created a new local account and the file explorer did work on that account but the speed and mousead problems were still there.

Then I proceeded with running the following in a powershell: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
I recieved these errors:
Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, Det gick inte att installera paketet eftersom resurser so
m ändras av installationen används.
error 0x80004004: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_
cw5n1h2txyewy!App.
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 39b23492-e50f-0000-c05b-b2390fe5d101 in the Event Log or use th
e command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 39b23492-e50f-0000-c05b-b2390fe5d101
At line:1 char:37
+ ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ...
+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, Det gick inte att installera paketet eftersom resurser so
m ändras av installationen används.
error 0x80004004: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy!Window
sDefaultLockScreen.
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 39b23492-e50f-0000-8160-b2390fe5d101 in the Event Log or use th
e command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 39b23492-e50f-0000-8160-b2390fe5d101
At line:1 char:37
+ ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.I ...
+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

At this point my only possible solution would be to do a clean install but I can't do that since I need the availability to downgrade to windows 7 again if I can't get windows 10 to work. I know I usually can use a windows 7 pro swedish ISO and use my product key to reinstall windows 7 if needed but I can't do that with this laptop as far as I'm aware. The reason is that I got the laptop through my old school and never got a win 7 pro CD or ISO. On top of that I can't download it through microsofts website since I have an OEM product key used on multiple laptops.

Is there a way to fix this? Or a way to reinstall windows 7 pro later so I can try a clean install?

Thanks in advance!

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 07:27:50 AM by Tisch »

Tisch

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Laptop slow and file explorer won't work etc after windows 10 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 09:19:13 AM »
I've now found my product key which was located below my battery and got a Windows 7 pro ISO directly from microsoft through their support chat and I'll try to do a clean install and see if that helps. I'll update you guys here again when I've completed that and know if that helped.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Laptop slow and file explorer won't work etc after windows 10 upgrade
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 09:30:38 AM »
Just curious...where are you getting your Win 10 drivers ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "