Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with changing Windows 10 Password  (Read 5718 times)

02bin3

Problem with changing Windows 10 Password
« on: August 09, 2016, 03:04:48 PM »
My 3 month old Lenovo has developed a problem with the Ethernet Port so I can't get on line with it unless I get to an area with WiFi.  Lenovo asked me to send the computer to them, but to either give them my password, or delete my existing password and back up my files.  I tried to change the password and it kept telling me it was having a problem.  It neglected to tell me that I had to be online in order to change my password.  So, off I went to the downtown WiFi spot, and voila! it brought up the correct window to change it.  So I did.  And then it asked me to sign in with the new password and did that.  Fine, that worked.  I came back home and typed in the new password and it wouldn't take it.  Said I was offline and had to use the last password that I'd used offline, which is OLD one that I thought was gone forever.  The problem is, I have to get rid of this password because I can't send it to Lenovo Tech Support as some might be rolling on the floor laughing and some might be not so happy.  What can I do to get rid of the old password and just use the new one to sign in whether I'm offline or online?  Thanks.........

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Problem with changing Windows 10 Password
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 03:08:06 PM »
Whether they laff or not you need to call the provider...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Problem with changing Windows 10 Password
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 05:23:30 PM »
May I say something?
In Windows 10 you  can set a 4 digit pin to any four digits you like.
Use of a PIN is  sort of like having a nickname of alias. It lets you share you PC with others without giving out the password.
...result for change windows 10 pin
Follow these simple steps.
    Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    Tap or click the Change button under PIN.
    Enter your current PIN, then enter and confirm the new PIN underneath.
    Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    Tap or click I forgot my PIN.
Experiment with that. It should work even when you are off line. You can let the technician know the PIN and lather you can change it.
Does that help any?  :)