Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Triple Monitor Wallpaper Screwed  (Read 2667 times)

kamikaze33

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Triple Monitor Wallpaper Screwed
    « on: September 10, 2016, 12:46:44 PM »
    Apologies to if this is not posted in the right thread, i feel it could fall under a few different ones.

Anyways, i recently did a full wipe/restore of my desktop, and i cant seem to get my wallpaper to display correctly now. Im using 3 monitors in a 1|2|3 configuration, and id like 2 to be the main display. I have the wallpaper set to the proper resolution and tiled, but the problem is that windows aligns the leftmost edge of the wallpaper to the leftmost edge of the main display (2). So basically the monitors are set up in 1|2|3, but the wallpaper displays 3|1|2. For the life of me, i cannot get these settings fiddled with to make it work. I had it working fine before i wiped the computer, and for whatever reason now it doesnt want to work. I do not want to use DisplayFusion or UltraMon, as i have run into viruses/compatibility issues with my GPU before.
    Of note, my GPU does not seem to be working correctly either, or at least not how it was before.

The GPU is an ASUS HD7850, and i used to use the Catalyst Control Center to set up the display group. When i try to go through that option  now, and i select a 3x1 display grid, it simply replicates the same display across all 3 monitors, and then when i go into control panel, windows shows it as a (1|2) single display.

Can someone offer me some help with this please?

kamikaze33

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: Triple Monitor Wallpaper Screwed
      « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 06:18:57 PM »
      EDIT: for some reason windows also is treating one of the monitors differently; it has 1 resolution setting less than the other two, yet they are all the same monitor
      Edit^2: Fixed it. Had to unlock the taskbar and set the leftmost as the main display.