Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Add music to Video clip  (Read 4552 times)

bigal50

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Add music to Video clip
    « on: September 18, 2016, 11:07:31 PM »
    I have a small video clip of my wife frolicking on the beach in Hawaii that I took with my iPhone. I downloaded the 40 second clip to my hard drive. How do I add music to the video so I can add it to my Facebook.

AAO

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Add music to Video clip
    « Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 12:39:16 AM »
    Here is a possible solution. I have not ever used it. Found in a Google search.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/splice-video-editor-movie/id409838725?mt=8
    Description
    Simple and powerful, Splice is the best video editor for your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch! Easily create videos and slideshows, with no length limits, watermarks, or ads. Includes free songs, sound effects, text overlays, transitions, filters and precise editing tools.
    Let me know if that works for you.  :)

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 07:54:29 AM »
    I have done this with FRAPs as a cheaper method vs Camtasia.

I like that FRAPS is lossless and I already owned a licensed copy of it. With FRAPS I would get the music ready that i want to add to the video. Have FRAPS ready to record. Shut off the audio on the Media player so the sound of whats happening in the video doesnt mix with the music. And quickly do the following.

Start Music
    Go Full screen for video
    Press the FRAPS hot key to start recording the video with the audio that is playing.

When video recording is done press hot key to stop it from recording.

Then I use VirtualDub to take the newly created video and make it into a smaller AVI file for youtube or sharing with friends. FRAPS makes like a 2GB file of raw video and audio information LOSSLESS and VirtualDub encodes it to smaller AVI or other format of choice. Depending on the settings you go with it will keep video sharp or make it lesser sharpness. I go with H.264 codec for best quality to size file in the end.

VirtualDub is free, but FRAPS comes at a cost.

Lorraine walsh

Intermediate

• A techie by nature!
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 07:18:53 AM »
      Open a video editing program on your computer (I use Windows Movie Maker)
      Click on the video clip, hold down on the mouse button and drag the video clip to the "Timeline." Then go to "File" and then "Open" or "Import" to open the song you wish to add to the video clip.
      Click and drag the song file into the beginning of the "Audio/Music" frame. You can also select the from which exact part of the video you'd like the music to start or stop.

bigal50

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 09:59:32 PM »
        To Rookie,

I tired the drag and drop and the import features of Windows Movie Maker but it isn't working. I did get an error message with I tried yo import telling me  that. the file type wasn't supported.  The type of File is MOV file ( MOV) and opens with Movies and TV.

What next ??

AAO

Lorraine walsh

Intermediate

• A techie by nature!
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 04:26:11 AM »
          How about trying some other video editing software for this purpose? You can find few reliable ones by searching online.