Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphics Card Errors, Game and Programs not Running  (Read 2197 times)

BeardyBennett

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Graphics Card Errors, Game and Programs not Running
    « on: October 03, 2016, 09:04:46 PM »
    Hello all, I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong area for this. I have searched all over but found nothing that has helped in fixing my problem. So, my old laptop which had a weaker graphics card could open and run things like Civilization 5, Garry's Mod, Counter-Strike, etc. My newer laptop, with a better graphics card, cannot. In fact, it won't even open them. It won't even run Windows Movie Maker as it says I don't meet minimum graphics requirements. So, I did the click the laptop screen and check the resolution thing and I also downloaded the TechPower thing to check my card. The image I've posted with this shows my results. Why if I have over 512 mb of memory size does my screen resolution settings say I only have 16 total with 0 dedicated to anything? How can I fix this so I can actually run my games again? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/BeardyBennett/media/Graphics%20Card_zpspm6ft2xb.jpg.html
    « Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 09:51:37 PM by BeardyBennett »

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Graphics Card Errors, Game and Programs not Running
    « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 11:38:35 PM »
    The Graphics Card Driver is not installed. It's using the Generic, Windows-included Display Driver.

AMD Drivers can be found here.

If you scroll down to "manually select", your Display Driver is APU, Mobile APU, A-Series APUs w/Radeon R4 Graphics. make  sure to choose the right OS (64-bit or 32-bit) You can see that by right-clicking My C omputer and choosing properties- The Operating System type should be listed under "System Type".
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.