Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't find any of my new free trial save downloads ?  (Read 2958 times)

beanodino1

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Can't find any of my new free trial save downloads ?
« on: October 19, 2016, 10:53:23 PM »
My Vista home basic PC crashed 3+ months ago & been trying to slowly build back some more important programs such as security antivirus,malware & remastering classic songs using the new media player 11 to store an play all my music since 2005. Using Firefox browser as default to save the new downloads to my "download file folder" & not to ask me where to put the save D'L.file. My modem flashes to shows DL' activity, but Firefox does not show that any of the D'L file is being downloaded or has been D'L after either. Since most all of my personal files are empty I thought I'd check them all to maybe find any of these latest saved D'L files made tonight.Since I only have MS' firewall /defender as online protection till I can load the better & safer sercuity software might have been a chance of infection for that delay ?  Who is to blame or something that is suppose to be done correctly earlier  :-\

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Can't find any of my new free trial save downloads ?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 11:13:11 PM »
You can find the Firefox Download settings by going Tools->Options, and under "General" there is a "Downloads" Option which allows you to choose a Downloads folder or display a prompt for every downloaded file. This defaults to the Downloads folder in your user profile.

You can see downloads under Tools->Downloads. You can right-click on the items and if it hasn't been deleted you can use the "Open Containing Folder" option.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

beanodino1

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 11:30:06 PM »
Yes, I first had Firefox as set to send downloads to my download folder which did not work. So,I change it ask me where to send my downloads which did nothing as well ?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 11:36:06 PM »
What if  for some reason the file is not where is ought to be? That can happen if you chose some location and then forgot where.
Some options:
 Just download it gain and this time pay attention.
 Or, if you remember the name, do a search for a file with that name.
 Or, if it was it was done less than 24  hours ago, look for many file created with   today's date. Or yesterday's date.

That is what I have to do.   :-[

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 08:24:34 AM »
Clik the Down arrow on the upper right taskpar in FireFox...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

beanodino1

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 11:30:48 PM »
On my Vista PC If I download most everything to the download folder, except music, pictures,documents other media files too. example: I when I tried to free trial download from Advast anti-virus 3 easy step program as a saved file my PC showed as being downloaded by modem flash, but there was no D'L 'history from the Firefox arrow when selected either.  Tried 3 other different free trial download's & all 3 did the same as the 1st trial D'L download  of finding the D'L location.  Would my PC's taskmgr. Services have a problem with one of its M.S. installer's start dependnecy's on being  off causing a none D'L problem ? Maybe, When I used the new Vista re-install disk which might been a copy version instead & not a valid MS Vista version causing different kinds of issues I'm dealing with here & there ?  I don't see or know why any other reason's why this happens when trying to download online programs  :-\

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 02:15:05 AM »
You need to open whatever browser you ues...go to settings...and see what the DLoad folder is set to...
Perhaps you gave it a top secret name and forgot.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "