Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to select PC sound to bluetooth speaker?  (Read 6417 times)

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• ole dog learning new tricks
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • My first self-built computer
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
How to select PC sound to bluetooth speaker?
« on: December 18, 2016, 12:06:55 AM »
I've got very little experience with anything bluetooth so: I bought a Soundlogic XT Bluetooth Shower Speaker and it paired with my PC fine. But the speaker does not show up as an option in my audio control panel. How do I silence my laptop speakers while enabling the bluetooth speaker. Laptop is HP2000-299WM and did not have bluetooth from the factory. I'm using a Insignia Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter - Model: NS-PCY5BMA

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Experience: Expert
Re: How to select PC sound to bluetooth speaker?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 01:13:10 AM »
That device is here:
https://www.insigniaproducts.com/pdp/NS-PCY5BMA/5655065
I have an adapter that looks like that, but made by another company.

The speakers on your laptop or desktop should have a volume control independent of the Bluetooth volume. Or, you can insert a 3.5 mm plug into the hold and cut off the speakers.

User manual:
https://files.bbystatic.com/IpOGPLyJi%2Fc8XVdfnfAN%2FQ%3D%3D
The manual should answer your questions.
Download the manual and use a PDF reader to search for specific topics.
My headset or speakers are not playing sound after pairing.
• Make sure that Windows automatically downloaded the drivers to install your Bluetooth adapter or that you
installed the software from the included installation CD.
You can also download drivers from the Insignia website.
1 Go to www.insigniaproducts.com, then click Support & Service.
2 Enter your model number in the box under Manual, Firmware, Drivers & Product Information, then click .
3 Click the Driver link, then follow the online installation instrucftions.
• The computer’s default speakers may be overriding your headset or speakers. In the Control Panel, go into the
sound settings and select your headset or speakers as the default speaker.
• Turn up the volume on your computer or paired device
Does that help?

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 07:32:48 PM »
I got it working. I found out that my Insignia Bluetooth adapter / PC was paired with the speaker but the speaker evidently did not pair with my PC. I found that the speaker has a very limited time allotted for pairing so evidently I didn't do it quick enough the first time. After trying it again quickly the speaker sounded an audible "Speaker Paired" voice.
 But I've got another problem now: All sounds play except ITunes.
Windows system sounds, Windows Media player, You Tube, etc. play fine. Everything except ITunes. I reinstalled ITunes with no results. Any ideas on this?
 Thanks for the help Geek!

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 08:35:21 PM »
Never mind. I installed a different audio driver and Itunes and all other sounds work fine. I'm glad I got that done. I don't know if the problem was my laptop speakers or my old ears or both but it all sounds good now.  :)

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 09:00:33 PM »
I have a bluetooth headset that I use with my smartphone and my tablet computer.  With both, when I establish the bluetooth connection between and the smartphone or tablet, the speakers on the smartphone or tablet are automatically disabled.  Is that the way your laptop is working now or do you have to manually mute the laptop speakers once your bluetooth speakers connect to your laptop? 

Had to ask because this wasn't perfectly clear to me after reading your comments.

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 12:46:24 AM »
Yes the laptop speakers are muted when the bluetooth is active and bluetooth is muted when laptop speakers are active. I can switch to either laptop speakers or bluetooth speaker in the sound settings by either of the 2 controls circled in red in this prt scr image:
I would like to play both speakers at once but I don't see how to do it.

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 08:25:30 AM »
I found a discussion that might help; see http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/57183-6-make-bluetooth-speakers-computer-speakers-play-simultaneously   And, doing a search on using bluetooth speaker and headphone jack simultaneously or similar phrase will yield more results.

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 05:17:57 PM »
I tried some of the options linked from that Goggle search and have found that there will almost definately be a need for software that enables control of delay such as the 'Voicemeter' software does, but Voicemeter caused my Itunes to freeze and become unresponsive multiple times requiring restart.
 As far as editing the setting in 'Recording devices'/ 'Stereo mix'/'Listen tab'/'Listen to this device', this did not work well for my laptop because it caused a squealing noise which is likely an idication of component overload.
 So I'll experiment more when I get time.
 Meanwhile I'm attempting to solve a problem I've had for a long time with background 'buzzing' noise that I get when I hardwire the 'Audio out' from my laptop into to the 'Audio In' on my Harman Kardon AVR-45 audio/video reciever (with/without Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB processor). I'm going to attempt using a Yamaha YBA-11 Bluetooth® wireless audio adapter which will use a digital coaxial cable input to the amplifier. This will be nice since it will eliminate laptop-to-amp hard wires and hopefully will eliminate my irritating humming noise. Wish me luck. I'll post the results here when the Yamaha adapter is delivered.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_022YBA11/Yamaha-YBA-11.html?tp=2051&omnews=13993356