Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dell Latitude D630 - Black Screen * After New screen, cable and inverter..*  (Read 4204 times)

getgcs

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Hi guys and girls, I am in need of some input. I installed the new screen still black.. External video works fine and windows and hard drive are fine. Then I ordered a new inverter. No luck black screen still. New lcd cable Installed it and still same problem.

So after that I was looking more under the keyboard and I found snipped black and white wires! :-O What ?? Can anyone tell me what wires these are and if they are contributing to the black screen problem? They run on the backplate along the top area of where the screen goes.

Also there is a missing Card (WWAN FCM) Do I need it for the screen to work? What is it? Someone previous to me worked on this computer and clipped these wires. I have attached 4 pics (not allowed to do more :/)

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    I see the wires cut there, but is the other end of the wires somewhere to reconnect them?

I installed the new screen still black.
    Hopefully you dont have that much money invested into it as for its just an old Core 2 Duo.

getgcs

Topic Starter

Rookie

The other end must be connected to the back plate I believe to ground something? I have no clue... figures I get a laptop that was previously worked on and messed up.. I replaced the lcd cable inverter and screen and still black its so strange. But the external video works fine. I cant understand what those wires are even for. Im guessing a webcam or something. I doubt they are related to the screen problem. but im unsure. Yea no the money is my clients, only 100 bucks so far to replace screen. but these wires now hmm?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      Have you looked up a schematic page for the laptop ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

getgcs

Topic Starter

Rookie

camerongray

Expert
          • Yes
          • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        Yea no the money is my clients, only 100 bucks so far to replace screen. but these wires now hmm?
        I'd say those laptops are worth $60 tops - I wouldn't spend much more money on it and see if you can return the screen you bought for it.

getgcs

Topic Starter

Rookie

I'd say those laptops are worth $60 tops - I wouldn't spend much more money on it and see if you can return the screen you bought for it.

hmm yeah I will check ebay for another one to see if the client wants. However I have invested alot of time in it and would like to see whats going on... I know it works fine video externally.

getgcs

Topic Starter

Rookie

Side note I spoke with the client he is going to go with a great deal on ebay thanks for your suggestion! He isnt asking me for my labor cost back so thats great. I am still curious of why but eh it was a deleted by allan up laptop someone really messed it up.
            « Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 06:46:21 AM by Allan »