Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Scrollbar moving with mouse without clicking on it  (Read 3166 times)

Jeremyfto

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Scrollbar moving with mouse without clicking on it
    « on: January 13, 2017, 10:05:48 PM »
    I have a friend of mine who has been having quite a bit of trouble with her computer. A little background information, it has windows 10 and I have already had it scanned for spyware and malware using Advance System cares anti-malware and malwarebytes. I have also already had her update the drivers on her mouse and had her activate the deactivated Enhanced Pointer Precision option and then deactivate it after it didn't fix the problem to see if that would fix it. It didn't. Now for the problem: Any time she opens up anything with a scroll bar (webpages, windows explorer ect. ) the scroll bar will automatically go to where her mouse is pointing without her clicking on it. This is quite irritating especially when she isn't trying to scroll down and her mouse just goes over the scroll bar. Any suggestions on fixes? 

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Scrollbar moving with mouse without clicking on it
    « Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 08:01:08 AM »
    BTW, aside from this particular issue - you didn't mention an anti virus app. If you don't have one installed you should ;)

Jeremyfto

Topic Starter

Re: Scrollbar moving with mouse without clicking on it
      « Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 01:38:05 PM »
      @Allan I did mention that we used malware bytes and Advance system cares anti-malware but you are right, I didn't mention a anti-virus prevention program. Not sure if you have used Advanced System Care before but it's anti-malware software also real-time protects against viruses but I didn't put that in the ticket. @soybean I will review the settings tomorrow but thanks for the suggestions. I am heading out for a concert tonight so I don't have the time to help her out tonight but hopefully that link you provided is the step I was looking for towards the right direction. I will reply tomorrow to let you know if it works out. Thanks everyone for the replys! Hopefully the issue will be sorted out :D