Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wi-Fi adapter not working  (Read 2914 times)

Ak123

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Wi-Fi adapter not working
    « on: January 21, 2017, 09:37:27 AM »
    Hi guys
    My adapter isn't working and showing no networks found.
    I purchased a Wi-Fi adapter but after a few months it's show no networks found. Tried resetting laptop, reinstalling drivers.
    My laptop is HP pavillion11 x360 and my laptop Wi-Fi adapter is Ralink Rt3290 and my adapter is TP Link Tl-WN823N.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Wi-Fi adapter not working
    « Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 12:28:22 PM »
    The TP-Link USB wireless adapter could have died. I have had hit-n-miss with that brand as to if a product will last or become a problem. USB Wireless NICs are cheap, I would buy a new one and see what happens. BUT first before you do that, you can also test the USB port to make sure USB port is working ok with another USB device in that port. I had a client once that had a issue with wifi not working and it was because the wireless adapter got bumped and broke the USB jack. I had good luck with EDIMAX USB Wireless NICs for range and signal strength. I bought 5 of these and no problems. They also are nice and small and not much of a snag problem. The original USB wireless devices use to look like a oversided flash drive and get bumped/snapped/broken off too easily. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315091&cm_re=edmax_usb-_-33-315-091-_-Product

The style of wifi device that are prone to destroying USB jacks are this style when they get bumped the wrong way: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/linksys-wireless-n-dual-band-usb-adapter/6571616.p?skuId=6571616&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=2622f7fd-b378-428b-b142-2044457dec5c&ksprof_id=401&ksaffcode=pg112524&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2