Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0x800700c1  (Read 5719 times)

Frankie

Topic Starter

Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Hello
    I'm having a problem with Windows 10 pro installing Window updates. Every-time I try to update from Windows 10, 1511 build (OS10586.839), to the latest build, I get this error message "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0x800700c1".  This happens when it's at around 33% windows install and it just kicks me back to the desktop with a message telling me that it's failed to install. I really don't want to go through a whole windows reinstall and was hoping someone here could suggest something that might be wrong. Thanks!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0x800700c1
    « Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 11:11:37 PM »
    No quick answer.  :)

Have yu already looked over this:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-info.aspx
    That will lead to:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/itpro/windows/manage/waas-quick-start
    That link  has important information about how and when to update a Windows 10 version you are using. As mentioned in the article, extensive documentation about how it works gets to be just too much. One needs to select just which updates are needed.

Here is what I understand. If you want everything, you need to have the last release of Windows 10.

Look at the video, if you have not already.  :)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0x800700c1
    « Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 11:26:05 PM »
    You can use the Windows 10 Media creation tool to create an ISO or USB image of the latest Windows release, then you can upgrade using that. It might workaround the Windows Update Error.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.