Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: World Of Warcraft - Offline Gaming  (Read 7017 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
World Of Warcraft - Offline Gaming
« on: May 16, 2007, 03:10:20 PM »
   Does anyone know if anyone has come up with any mods yet to allow for gaming without having to be connected to Battlenet for World of Warcraft???

I enjoy the game, but cant see having to pay out constantly to play it since I might play it once a week. At least if I was to be sold a Coin-OP software package the price should have been less than $40. But Blizzard is charging the full price of a game, plus a Coin-OP charge to be able to operate the software. Before WOW, I was a Warcraft 1 & 2, and Diablo 1 and 2, and Starcraft player. Played the games so much that actually burned out a CD Rom and wore out some keyboards and mice.

I enjoyed the fact that they could be played both on and offline. So I am asking if anyone knows of any mods or anything like that than can be downloaded to run the game stand alone or on a LAN with one system as a server and the other as the client gaming system???

Hopefully Microsoft wont think that selling software, then Coin-OPing it is a good idea, because next thing you know you will have a computer with Windows and will have to pay $200 to 300 for the OS then a useage fee like a Coin-OP!!! :-X

Thanks

Dave :-\

GX1_Man

Re: World Of Warcraft - Offline Gaming
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 03:07:41 AM »
Actually they would prefer to sell you an install CD and then a yearly update charge to keep it running, like Norton, etc.

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 12:01:59 PM »
    I know tools like that exist, but I don't see the point being as your "offline/lan" charector couldn't go online, and the game is not designed to be played with just one human, or indeed a handful.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 12:16:13 PM »
    Just play on cracked servers if you can find any... Hope you like the cheaters.  ::)

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 08:25:41 PM »
    There is no offline play for WOW, would be hard to do single player when you get higher levels that require multiple people and/or healing. However as Raptor said you can play on servers users have setup outside of Blizzard. You would however need the game to do this. Although not quite the same as WOW there are several alternative MMORPG games that are free or free to play.

GuildWars of course is the popular game right now. Has a lot of similarities of WOW and other games, however is 100% free to play online.
    http://www.guildwars.com/

Also dozens of other free MMORPG's:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=free+mmorpg&ie=UTF-8
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

pie

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 06:14:32 PM »
    You could also try Diablo II: LoD.
    It's a pretty fun MMORPG, gets sort of repetetive though, but hey, it's still pretty fun. You've got to buy the game itself, but the online play is supported by Battle.Net, and is free. It also has Single Player, and you can take your Single Player characters on a seperate type of Battle.net called 'Open Battle.net'. It isn't monitored by blizzard so, so prepare to see some crazy shiat if you play it :)