Software > Computer viruses and spyware

Hijackthis log file please help.

<< < (2/4) > >>

SuperDave:
Please try this instead.

Download the GMER Rootkit Scanner. Unzip it to your Desktop.

Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.

Double-click gmer.exe. The program will begin to run.

**Caution**
These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries unless advised!

If possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan.
[*]Click NO
[*]In the right panel, you will see a bunch of boxes that have been checked ... leave everything checked and ensure the Show all box is un-checked.
[*]Now click the Scan button.
[*]Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity.
[*]Click OK.
[*]GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "GMER.txt"
[*]Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
[/list]

MP1975:
Dave ,

Before I forget, when I switched over to firefox it also downloaded McAfee which I am going to uninstall. FYI

Gmer is running now results when I get em.

Thanks again,
MP.

MP1975:
GMER 1.0.15.15281 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2010-09-30 18:46:29
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Running: gmer.exe; Driver: C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\kfdiyfod.sys

---- User code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

.text           C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe[496] ntdll.dll!LdrLoadDll               7C9163C3 5 Bytes  JMP 004013F0 C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe (Firefox/Mozilla Corporation)

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----

AttachedDevice  \FileSystem\Fastfat \Fat                                                             fltmgr.sys (Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager/Microsoft Corporation)

---- Registry - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Reg             HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows@DeviceNotSelectedTimeout   15
Reg             HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows@GDIProcessHandleQuota      10000
Reg             HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows@Spooler                    yes
Reg             HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows@swapdisk                   
Reg             HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows@TransmissionRetryTimeout   90
Reg             HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows@USERProcessHandleQuota     10000
Reg             HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows@RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs  1

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

SuperDave:
I'd like to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

•Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScan
•Click the button.
•For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
[*]Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
[*]Double click on the icon on your desktop.
[/list]
•Check
•Click the button.
•Accept any security warnings from your browser.
•Check
•Push the Start button.
•ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
•When the scan completes, push
•Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
•Push the button.
•Push
A log file will be saved here: C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Online Scanner\log.txt

MP1975:
Wierd, Booted the tower up and it seems to be caught in a loop, the Gateway screen comes up then the microsoft screen and it continues that way. Is the above alright to run in safe mode?

I did also try to start it up using the last known good start up but that diidn't work. Now its just powered down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version