Software > Computer viruses and spyware

Google redirects virus, explorer.exe, winlogon.exe infected?

<< < (2/4) > >>

SuperDave:

--- Quote ---Hi Dave, I seem to be having issues installing any of the antivirus you pointed me to; all the ones I tried to seemed to time out and never finished installing despite how much time I gave them.
--- End quote ---
Please download one of them on another computer and transfer it to this computer using the below method.You will need to get one installed before we go any further. Please do not proceed any further until you get this done.

If you can't access the internet with your infected computer you will have to download and transfer any programs to the computer you're using now and transfer them to the infected computer with a CD-RW or a USB storage device. I prefer a CD because a storage device can get infected. If you use a storage device hold the shift key down while inserting the USB storage device for about 10 secs.

Re-running ComboFix to remove infections:

[*]Close any open browsers.
[*]Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
[*]Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:

--- Quote ---KillAll::

FCopy::
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\9866fb57abdc0ea2f5d4e132d055ba4e\explorer.exe | C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\e9500597a78495f397efb821e37bf356\winlogon.exe | C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
Quit::

--- End quote ---
[*]Save this as CFScript.txt, in the same location as ComboFix.exe

[*]Referring to the picture above, drag CFScript into ComboFix.exe
[*]When finished, it shall produce a log for you at C:\ComboFix.txt
[*]Please post the contents of the log in your next reply.
[/list]

khuce:
Hi Dave, got Avast! installed. Tried running the CFScript.txt in combofix and ended up blue screening and had to do a hard reboot. Now my desktop isn't showing up nor is my taskbar. Just my background. Opened up windows task manager and tried running explorer.exe and got an error screen saying it can't access the specified device, path, or file and that I may not have the appropriate permissions to access them.

SuperDave:
Ok. Please try a System Restore to the day before you did the script. You can do this in Safe Mode.

khuce:
Dave, I did a system restore for yesterday and on startup explorer.exe encounters an issue and has to close. Went back even further and same thing; explorer.exe encounters an error and needs to close again. I can run system processes with windows task manager and the google redirect issue ironically seems to be fixed without explorer.exe running. Time to backup files and do a clean install?

SuperDave:
Just hold on a bit. I'm going to consult my colleagues about this development.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version