Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Visual C++ Runtime Error  (Read 13838 times)

BUSINESS ONE

Topic Starter

Starter

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Visual C++ Runtime Error
    « on: January 13, 2011, 09:42:22 AM »
    I have Microsoft Picture It! Photo 2002. When I call the program and select a photo to view, I get the following message:
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!
    Program:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Picture It! 2002 Photo\pip.exe
    abnormal program termination.
    I did not have this problem a few years ago, and now I have a brand new computer and it has this problem just like my old one started having, so I know it's not the computer. I do not know what this Visual C++/Visual Studio stuff is. I do not think I need it. I have uninstalled all of it, but I still have the same problem. It is now reinstalled. Can someone please help?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Beginner
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

BUSINESS ONE

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Visual C++ Runtime Error
      « Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 10:16:29 AM »
      Thank You. It worked. Now my friend has the same problem with some of her older video games. Can you help with that too please?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 10:49:20 AM »
      Thank You. It worked. Now my friend has the same problem with some of her older video games. Can you help with that too please?

Sure, can you get some more information from them, such as computer specs (OS, memory, etc) the game in question, has it always been that way or did it start at some point, etc

A Generic suggestion for games would be to disable any unnecessary peripherals, such as TV tuner cards or Card readers, for some reason that can cause problems with some games when they go looking for controllers.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

BUSINESS ONE

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 11:14:16 AM »
        My friend has the exact same computer as me: E-Machines ET1331G-07w, but with Windows XP Pro SP3 x32. She has the Millienium Game Pak for Windows 98. While most games play, we noticed yesterday that the game Bloobs had a runtime error. I changed it's compatability mode every way possible, but this does not help. Her computer does not have a TV Tuner Card or external game controllers. I just have no idea how to fix this. Please help if you can, and thank you.