Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE Script Error: Library Not Registered  (Read 4936 times)

Aynjel

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    IE Script Error: Library Not Registered
    « on: February 15, 2011, 03:35:34 PM »
    System:
         Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
         Version 2002 Service Pack 3

Computer:
         AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 5600+
         2.91 GHz, 3.00 GB RAM

This computer is throwing a temper tantrum, it's about 5 years old and over all I'm expecting things to start going. I have a new hard drive on the way with Windows 7 as well as 4 more Gigs of RAM. With a culmination of symptoms that have been fixed along the way I am now at one I'm not sure how to fix.

My user profile became corrupted and I made a new one. I uninstalled everything from the old profile and what was corrupted beyond that I used Revo Uninstaller to get ride of. When the computer was built by a friend of mine I was not given an XP disk so every fix I've done has been to avoid reformatting till the new OS could get here.

Now in the process of reinstalling everything I am running into a script error.

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line:       9
    Char:      4978
    Error:      Library Not Registered.
    Code:      0
    URL:        http://launcher.worldofwarcraft.com/2.0/CT/index.xml?version=4.0.6.13623&lovale=en-US&type=CL

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page.

First off I don't use IE I use Mozilla so that isn't an issue.

I've gone into IE and made sure all the options were set to default, that "disable script bugging IE and Other" were both checked and "display notification" was unchecked. After that I ran Dial_a_fix the first time I received three errors all of which were about the OLE, since those hadn't been checked yet, I wrote them down and restarted my computer. Ran Dial_a_Fix again and came up with no errors. I have run Malwarebytes and Spybot all of which has come up clean.

So what is left that could be causing this?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: IE Script Error: Library Not Registered
    « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 09:21:12 AM »
    First off I don't use IE I use Mozilla so that isn't an issue.
    Then just removed IE via add/remove programs and see if the problem goes away. Or download and reinstall IE.

Aynjel

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 10:26:04 AM »
      Thank you Jason2074 for replying with a suggestion.

Now for an update. I haven't posted in 3 days because one no one replied but also because I had a new hard drive and Windows 7 64 bit arrive. So my computer has a clean install of a new OS, a brand new hard drive, and upgraded from 4 to 8 gigs of RAM, the old hard drive has been formatted and is running as a slave.

The new hard drive and OS make this issues obsolete, although I wish I had found at least a reason as to why it was happening. Everything I did read on the subject led to an add on problem in IE but since I have had IE turned off in the windows settings for years I don't see how that was the actual issue. Although I didn't think about reinstalling it, since I never used it, it never crossed my mind.

Thanks to every who took the time to read my post and at least give it some thought. I'm going to mark it as solved.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 11:07:29 AM »
      Congrats on the upgrade !
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "