Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Epson NX515 May Be Dead  (Read 4573 times)

schuarta

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • My pal Sharky
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Epson NX515 May Be Dead
    « on: June 05, 2011, 09:02:50 AM »
    I have been using an Epson NX515 with excellent results for about a year.  Suddenly yesterday, after removing a paper jam, it has entered the following catatonic state:

1) You push the ON button and you get a "blue EPSON screen" for about 5 seconds and then the following message:

X Error
    A printer error has
    occurred. Turn off the
    printer, then press On
    button to turn on.  See
    your documentation.

2) You push the ON button again and the printer turns off.

3) You push the ON button again and 1) above repeats.  No other control has any effect.

The manual speaks of a "fatal error".  Any ideas?

Salmon Trout

Re: Epson NX515 May Be Dead
    « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 09:17:05 AM »
    We have one of these at work, and it has been all right so far. A bit heavy on the ink cartridges but that's what you get with inkjets. Fatal errors tend to be the ones that you can't fix yourself, and which have to be taken up with an Epson service agent. Are you quite sure 1. You got all of the paper out, and 2. You didn't damage or misalign any rollers or little flaps or guides? Also have you tried disconnecting it compeletely from the power (pull the plug out) and leaving it for about half an hour?

truenorth

Guru

Re: Epson NX515 May Be Dead
      « Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 02:23:42 PM »
      In addition to the good suggestions given above by ST i suggest the following (it has been the case for me with 2 Epson printers). You say the following  "for about a year". If it is still within the warranty (usually one year) contact Epson right away to ensure your warranty rights are protected. Also if you purchased the printer with a credit card and still have the receipt often the warranty period is doubled under the provisions of the card (regardless of the expiry of the Epson warranty).  IE: if the warranty is one year it becomes 2 years but from the underwriter of the insurance provider of the credit card not Epson. But the credit card company will pay Epson not you. Good luck,truenorth