Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop Screen Privacy Filters  (Read 5507 times)

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • Disarmingly Good-looking
  • Experience: Familiar
Laptop Screen Privacy Filters
« on: June 08, 2011, 10:57:08 AM »
Tried a couple of forum searches and didn't see an answer - so either I did poor searches or the answers not there!

I do a LOT of work on planes, and was thinking about getting a privacy screen. Couple of questions:

I've noticed when folks are working NEXT to me with them, I can't see their screen... But I notice when I'm walking down the aisle, I can pretty easily see the screens of people that are seated.

• Are different brands/styles BETTER at the "don't view from above"?
  • Is 3M's the best?
  • Is "Gold" better than the "regular"?
  • What recommendations on size - buy a little bigger than I need? Buy exactly what I need? Buy a little smaller?
  • What else should I know?

Thanks
Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.

truenorth

Guru

Re: Laptop Screen Privacy Filters
    « Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 12:06:49 PM »
    Is this the kind of solution you are seeking? http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/SDP/Privacy_Filters/
    Seems like a good solution to me. Achieved suggestion via a google search on "computer screen privacy film" 1st of non commercial google related sight displayed of 240,000,000 sights in .22 seconds. truenorth

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Disarmingly Good-looking
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Laptop Screen Privacy Filters
    « Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 07:49:40 PM »
    No.

I'm looking for recommendations from personal experience.
    Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.