Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New HD not reading, 4th master hard disk error  (Read 5814 times)

Brumpa

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    New HD not reading, 4th master hard disk error
    « on: March 13, 2013, 12:17:33 PM »
    Hello, I'm currently here on my iPod because my new hard drive won't read when I try and install windows to it, I get to the page where it loads drivers and it can't find it, but it did a couple times randomly as I've tried many different times to install windows on there.

My windows I'm installing is coming from somewhere on my computer, I'm not very knowledgable of the hardware of computers, but I'm assuming it's coming from my cd drive because I don't have any other hard drive in there. I think it could be corrupt or something, later I'm going to go get a windows boot disk from my friend, but so far I've tried new sata cables and I just or this hard drive because my last one crapped out on me, but now I'm starting to think it's something else and my old hd could actually still work.

I also got a blue screen error when I tried to have windows check for problems, Driver power state error it said it crashed because something went wrong and data might get corrupt.

I hope I provided enough information, please ask away I'm still trying to think of anything else it might be. Also could have been a virus that killed my other HD that got on my computer, we wiped the old one but it broke down after a few days of using it again that's why I got the new hard drive.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: New HD not reading, 4th master hard disk error
    « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 12:23:43 PM »
    Info missing... which version of windows? What make/model of computer? What is exact error message? Error messages are usually more helpful than, "it said it crashed because something went wrong and data might get corrupt"

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 12:26:48 PM »
    Here's what we need to know...
    Is the new HDD the only one in the PC ?
    Because you mention 4th Master HDD error which doesn't make sense at all...
    Can you find out how you are installing Windows to it as that part is unclear as well...in other words how can you not know if it's from a CD or not ? ?
    If it is a CD can you tell us exactly what it says on the label ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Brumpa

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 01:31:56 PM »
      Im sorry I'm not quite sure exactly what my computer is, all I know is it's an asus I had win 7 64x on it and trying to get it on the new hard drive, which is the only one in there, also the hd is a toshiba 1tb hard drive.

Here is a link to the error I got, it was
      http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559329(v=vs.85).aspx
      I only got that error when windows was checking for errors, also the windows 7 install is on my computer built in because I'm not using a cd, it automatically loads it.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 01:39:27 PM »
      I'm more confused now then i was...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "