Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Installshield error. Cannot install!  (Read 9530 times)

AlexeyT

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Installshield error. Cannot install!
    « on: July 12, 2011, 06:10:10 PM »
    I was able to install Witcher 2 a couple of months ago without a problem, but now, when i try to reinstall it on the same system i get this error message at the beginning of the install.

"The following error occurred on the file 'C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F0A2)9B7-7F85-4BDD-8F1F-B98EEAD9E04B}\setup.exe'.

Access is denied
    (0X5)"

Abort will abort
    Retry does nothing
    Ignore continues the installation with more errors, but finishes installing. The game does not work however.

searching a solution for the probelm, I am pretty sure the problem does not have to do with the game but rather InstallShield or something else. I have seen posts of similar problems but with other game or applications when people are trying to install. However, none of their solutions seem to work for me.

I only have one account (admin) with full privileges. I have tried various registry optimizers/cleaners. I have properly uninstalled the game prior to trying these installs. I have even manually deleted any witcher registry files. The disc is brand new and clean.

Please help!
    Thanks,

Alexey

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.

AlexeyT

Topic Starter

Re: Installshield error. Cannot install!
      « Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 12:51:18 AM »
      Unfortunately the steps provided did not resolve the issue.
      There were a couple of files i couldn't delete from temp folder (but i don't think they are related)

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      Re: Installshield error. Cannot install!
      « Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 01:10:18 AM »