Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 Freezes at Windows Error Recovery Screen  (Read 9300 times)

Unassorted

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Windows 7 Freezes at Windows Error Recovery Screen
    « on: July 21, 2011, 10:25:04 PM »
    Hi All,

New to the forums but not to computers. I recently got a new case for my computer(no more 80mm fans for me here =D ) And after everything was put back in, cabled arranged nicely, etc. I go to turn my computer on, everything loads up, bios goes past, and then the windows error recovery screen comes up so im like well i did get a new case and needed to make sure i had everything in the right spot before i sealed it up and i turned it on then off and thats why the screen came up. Now my only problem is, when i went to use my keyboard to move down to start windows normally, the ticker for the 30 seconds to choose an option, well it froze. I couldnt do anything at all and it stayed frozen for about 5 minutes. So i restart it, dont press anything, the ticker counts down and its the repair option, so it goes to windows in loading files. Windows loads the files but then the screen gets stuck at 100%. Im at a lose of what to do now. Any help is MUCH Appreciated, Thanks for your time,

Russell

EDIT: System Specs -
    Windows 7 - 64 Bit
    AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.8 GHz
    Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600 DDR3
    ATI Radeon 6870
    MSI 890FXA-GD65
    500gb HD

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    Re: Windows 7 Freezes at Windows Error Recovery Screen
    « Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 12:21:51 AM »
    Aside from the PC casing replacement, did it have any previous system issues before this happen? Any recently installed/added components ?

Unassorted

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 12:39:16 AM »
      Aside from the PC casing replacement, did it have any previous system issues before this happen? Any recently installed/added components ?

Nope, thing recently installed or added, Everything was the same for about a month before the new case

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 12:57:07 AM »
      Ok, I understand you have replaced the casing only. Did it actually boot to Windows Recovery screen before or straight to Windows 7 system? You are not actually booting by your Win 7 disc are you?

Unassorted

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 01:03:32 AM »
        Ok, I understand you have replaced the casing only. Did it actually boot to Windows Recovery screen before or straight to Windows 7 system? You are not actually booting by your Win 7 disc are you?

What happened was I did a test run to make sure everything was in the correct spot and not messed up so i turned the power on for a second or two then turned it off once i saw everything light up. When i plugged Everything in, usb's etc. into the back i turned it on and the screen i got was the recovery screen. What happens is when i have a keyboard plugged in and i press the arrow key to go down to start windows normally, everything freezes. I have the disk in the dvd drive and i have tried booting from the disk also but when i do and the hard drive is plugged in, everything freezes again. When i dont have any hard drives and boot from the disk, I get stuck at the Starting Windows screen with nothing but a black background.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
        « Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 01:16:09 AM »
        Have you tried reconnecting and using just the minimum hardware installed? One or two RAMS first, HD keyboard or mouse already plugged in? Try removing CMOS battery for about 10 minutes. Unless there is something wrong with the HD, you might need to run a diagnostic test.

Unassorted

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 01:25:57 AM »
          Have you tried reconnecting and using just the minimum hardware installed? One or two RAMS first, HD keyboard or mouse already plugged in? Try removing CMOS battery for about 10 minutes. Unless there is something wrong with the HD, you might need to run a diagnostic test.

How will i run a diagnostic test if i cant even get into safe mode? I tried getting into safe mode but when i tapped f8, my computer screen froze at the bios loading screen

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
          « Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 01:48:05 AM »
          Have you tried reconnecting and using just the minimum hardware installed? One or two RAMS first, HD keyboard or mouse already plugged in? Try removing CMOS battery for about 10 minutes.
          Try this first.

You need to connect the HD as a secondary drive on another system then right-click the drive and use the windows error checking tool under Properties/Tools. Uncheck first both check disk options and wait for the report and details found after the scan.