Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: toshiba l305 with xp. Atheros AR5BXB63 wireless drivers won't install  (Read 15925 times)

jimmy..johnson

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Got drivers from Toshiba EU site. They just will not recognize the wifi card.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Have you made sure that the wifi switch is on?
    Try the main Toshiba website-http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp?nav=Download
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    What happens prior to the driver error? Any recent OS install and or changes with the laptop?

jimmy..johnson

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Yup, switch is on.  Even reinstalled chipset drivers to make sure I got a clean start. The OS installs Realtek network adapter RTL8102E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC. No errors just driver does not recognize wireless card. Thanks for taking a look. It's got me stumped.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      Is XP the original operating system that came with your laptop? You need to post the complete model series of your Toshiba L305-S_ _ _ on the given link to find the correct driver for your wireless card.

jimmy..johnson

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Laptop was a Vista OS. Drive (Western Digital) crapped out. Put in a Seagate and installed XP. It is a L305 S5944. I'm thinking i'm gonna disassemble and see if the Wifi card is any good.
        Thanks for help.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Expert
        Toshiba won't have those drivers for XP, since your model shipped with Vista.
        Atheros AR5BXB63 wireless drivers:  http://filecrop.com/atheros-ar5bxb63-driver-xp.html

jimmy..johnson

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

C_C. Downloaded both the RAR and the EXE. I'll give them a shot. Thanks for the info. Let you know.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
          That's the only website I've found that has any support for Altheros, even though it says:  Unofficial Altheros website
          Altheros is now a division of Qualcomm:  http://www.qca.qualcomm.com/
          There is no support there.  Found this interesting:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualcomm_Atheros

jimmy..johnson

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

No go. Driver installs no problems. Just can't seem to be able to recognize it and add to devices. Maybe there's a generic 802.11 driver. 

Computer_Commando

Hacker
            Re: toshiba l305 with xp. Atheros AR5BXB63 wireless drivers won't install
            « Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 12:43:53 PM »
            Are you sure this is what you have?  toshiba l305 with xp. Atheros AR5BXB63
            Toshiba has no listing for l305