Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can my new laptop play Sims 3?  (Read 21574 times)

Student098

Can my new laptop play Sims 3?
« on: September 11, 2011, 08:40:26 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not, but oh well...

Anyway, my grandfather recently bought a new laptop for me; it's a Lenovo G575, and I want to buy Sims 3. However, I'm not sure if its AMD Dual   Core   E-350 processor (1.6 Ghz) has the power to play the game on full settings. So, the question is, can my Lenovo play Sims 3?

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Can my new laptop play Sims 3?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 01:37:12 AM »
The Brazos platform is just about equal to the K8 platform (Desktop Athlon X2), so I'd say the CPU is good.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4023/the-brazos-performance-preview-amd-e350-benchmarked

The Mobility Radeon HD 6310 is a low-midrange GPU-won't handle 1080p videos and even moderately intensive games.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

http://www.thesims3.com/game/systemreq
System Requirements.
The Athlon XPs are on par with the Pentium 4, and the Semprons/Athlon X2s are 1 generation above the XPs, so the E-350 will be fine.
The Radeon HD 6310 will be able to run the game perfectly-if the Sims 3 supports the X300, which will simply be unable to run anything other than 480P videos, it will support the 6310.

In short, yes.
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

mroilfield

Mentor
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 07:29:47 PM »
go to www.canyourunit.com. Run the scan for Sims 3 and it will tell you if you can run the game or not.
You can't fix Stupid!!!

sam_coles

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 12:30:57 AM »
    I was thinking of installing Sims 3 as well in my vista laptop but am not sure, co'z I'm considering too in changing from vista to windows 7. Any suggestion where it works better? I believe it would be on windows 7, need your confirmation though.  :P

Transfusion

Mentor

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 05:17:51 AM »
    I was thinking of installing Sims 3 as well in my vista laptop but am not sure, co'z I'm considering too in changing from vista to windows 7. Any suggestion where it works better? I believe it would be on windows 7, need your confirmation though.  :P
    http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/windows_7_gaming/default.asp
    A comparison between Windows XP, vista, and 7 gaming performance. Windows 7 gained the favor of the above review because it has optimized memory management, DX 10/11, and supports multi-GPU configs more effectively-XP was designed in 2000, which was a time when multi-GPU configs were for the extreme elite.

What are your system specs? The Sims 3 is not a demanding game and will run on any modern computer in the world. These are its requirements: http://www.thesims3.com/game/systemreq And yes I'd recommend upgrading to Windows 7 from Vista for the optimized user interface and added functionality. Software developers are starting to drop support for XP because of its limitations.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.

Transfusion

Mentor

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 06:22:48 AM »
    And after that I bought high configuration Graphic card for my laptop and now it's fantastic for all game. I suggest you that a Windows 7 with Graphic card is a good choice for you.

8)

There are laptops in which you can upgrade the graphics card? Wow... (does google search) apparently there are!  http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/External_Graphics_Card/XG_Station/

An external graphics card for laptops which makes use of an expresscard slot.

I'm curious, ChelseaFrancis-how exactly did you upgrade your graphics card? What solution did you use? was it the Asus XG or something else?
    « Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:53:00 AM by Transfusion »

Destin

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 04:27:50 AM »
      Thanks guys for sharing such important information regarding this game i did not realized about it but i have now 
      acknowledge.

deep01

Greenhorn
      • I love with games
        « Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 12:34:29 PM »
        ok i recently installed sims 3 on my laptop i spent about 2 hours just trying to get the game installed and at the very end when i finished everything it still wouldnt let me play i updated everything but it said that "Unable to start game. Device 0 cannot run this title. No supported video graphics card detected. Please check system hardware." what do i have to do??

deep01

Greenhorn
        • I love with games
          « Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 12:35:13 PM »
          ok i recently installed sims 3 on my laptop i spent about 2 hours just trying to get the game installed and at the very end when i finished everything it still wouldnt let me play i updated everything but it said that "Unable to start game. Device 0 cannot run this title. No supported video graphics card detected. Please check system hardware." what do i have to do??

Transfusion

Mentor

• Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          « Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 11:32:51 PM »
          We would appreciate it if you made a new topic for your problem and did not double post. :)

Are your graphics drivers installed properly? Try going to your manufacturer site and upgrading your drivers. Can you go to Start->Run->dxdiag and post a screenshot?

NoahF

Greenhorn

• Jailbreak til' the end.
          • Certifications: List
          « Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 03:51:57 AM »
          Personally, I would recommend using a computer with just a *TAD* bit more processor :)
          "Sometimes the thought that counts doesn't taste the best.." - Me.

batlon13

Rookie
            « Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 03:13:11 AM »
            you should at least try to install sims3 in your laptop and see what happens. i think yo can play it in your laptop.