Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: the pipe state is invalid  (Read 5714 times)

wingedhuntress

the pipe state is invalid
« on: September 23, 2011, 10:37:26 PM »
My computer began loading slowly and then I was unable to log in the the internet.  I found out that my DCHP had been stopped and my IP was reading at 0.0.0.0, so I started it in administrative control: services.  That was when I found that many other services had been stopped.  Each time I start my computer the items revert back to stopped.  So I tracked the event log and saw that the first message for an item not starting was "the pipe state is invalid".  Each of the following errors lists the same reason for not starting.  What does this mean and how do I fix it? 

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: the pipe state is invalid
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 12:40:11 AM »
Any bluescreen messages previously prior to the invalid error?

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 12:42:10 AM »
A suggested answer from Microsoft is to try a system restore to a point prior to when this started.

This seems to be a common issue with Vista, as most of the results I've found were issues from Vista users. I haven't been able to find an occurrence of this with XP. I'm assuming you're using XP since you posted this in the XP forums.

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 12:43:48 AM »
I did find this, does any of it sound familiar?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823830