Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: startup prob need help asap  (Read 2558 times)

dlow4sure

startup prob need help asap
« on: December 20, 2011, 11:42:28 AM »
ok not quite sure what has happened but computer froze up on me and when i restarted i got a message stating "DIOGR compressed press cntr alt del to restart". I am new to windows 7 and have never seen this type of error before, can some one please start me in the right direction to fixing this problem, i dont have my install cd otherwise i would just reinstall windows and bypass all the problems

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: startup prob need help asap
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 04:28:28 AM »
Was your main drive over 90% full? According to this Microsoft MVP:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/oekiu-is-compressed-press-ctrlaltdel-to-restart/5e14cca8-eeb9-4067-a69e-f8864440879b
Compressing your system drive is a bad idea. Here is a recipe that I picked up somewhere else. I have not tried it myself but it is supposed to fix this problem.
1. Start your computer from the Windows 7 installation DVD
2. Select Repair your computer.
3. Load driver.
4. Go to Computer and right click drive where Windows 7 is installed.
5. Select Properties and uncheck "Compress drive to save disk space".
6. Close and restart the computer normally.
Any Windows 7/Vista DVD will do the trick. No OS restore required.
In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none