Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Playing Android phone games on my PC?  (Read 47389 times)

jill8beans2

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Life has lit me up.
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Playing Android phone games on my PC?
« on: May 03, 2012, 10:54:35 AM »
I have a favorite tower defense game on my Android phone, and I would like to know if there is a way to play it on my PC?

Is there a program that lets a PC access the Android market and download and play a game (or app) on your PC?

Can I be the only one who wants to do this?
Have micro, will wave...

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Playing Android phone games on my PC?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »
Developers for Android use emulators. You can test a game on a PC. Of course, some things are different. A PC does not have a touch screen.
Google just announced a better emulator last month.
Google's Android emulator gets updated with GPU support, better CPU performance
Google brought some improvements to its Android emulator when it updated the SDK last month, but it's now back with an even bigger update that's sure to please developers. The latest version finally adds built-in GPU support, which Google says will help the emulator better keep pace with current smartphones that rely so heavily on GPUs themselves.
Download Google Android Emulator

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 07:43:37 PM »
The download link Geek posted is a version that's 3 years old, which doesn't include the latest advancements they've made (which are talked about in the article in the first link). The latest version of the Android SDK which includes the emulator can be downloaded from Android's developer site for free.

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Shortcut Keys and Command Line stuff can be found here:
http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/emulator.html

A complete guide is found here:
http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/devices/emulator.html

bineyjohny

• Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 03:46:43 AM »
Its very easy to play android game on PC, all you need is to install the android emulator, where you can go to file and add external .apk file to the emulator and you can play the games on that emulator. But the biggest problem is the speed. The PC processor speed and android mobile speed differs a lot, so the games you are running on android mobile might have run very slow on PC. Since I am android game developer and we initially plays the game on PC and then install .apk to android mobile, speed varies a lot.